How We Solve Mobile Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Snakes are great at hiding. Whether it's in
your home or on your property, stumbling upon a
snake is not fun! During our hot Alabama summers
they will start to look for water sources, and if
your property seems to be their new spot you might
need to take some preventative measures to insure
you and your family's safety. Our team specializes
in preventative care as well as trapping and removing
snakes and all other forms of Alabama's wildlife,
so if you find yourself with
a snake on your property we answer our
phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
We service the following cities:
Bayou La Batre, Chickasaw,
Citronelle, Creola, Saraland,
Satsuma, Semmes, Mount Vernon,
Axis, Belle Fontaine, Bucks,
Grand Bay, Gulfcrest,
and Gulf Shores
We also service the following counties:
Washington County, Baldwin County,
Jackson County, George County,
and Greene County.
Other Mobile animal pest control topics:
How to Get Rid of Bats
How to Trap a House Mouse
Snake Prevention Tips
How to Repel Armadillos
To learn more about our services, visit the Mobile wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: How To Get Rats Out Of Your Attic
How To Get Rats Out Of Your Attic
It is very obvious that people want to get rid of the rats as soon as they spot one in the attic.
They spread diseases, cause a lot of sound while roaming here and there in the night and can also
cause a lot of damage with their chewing and the faces. So you do not want the rats to stay in your
property, here are some of the ways with which you can do it:
1. Finding the entry points
You have to figure out how the rats are entering the attic and home somehow. Your rat problem wouldn’t
come to an end unless you find all the entry points. By all it means every last of them. Start with
inspecting the whole structure which includes the roof, vents, eaves, plumbing system, roof joints,
AC chases, chimney, etc. Try inspecting the attic and find the rat traits that can help you find out
their entry points.
2. Seal them up!
After finding all the entry spots of rats, seal all of them up. Do not leave even a single entry point
unattended. Another reason that could motivate you in doing it is that once you seal all the points, it
will be easy to trap the rest of the open rats. Since they won’t be having anyplace to exit, you can
catch all of them up in a small time.
3. Using traps
Now it is time to trap and remove the rats. You have a lot of option if you are going for this method.
You can use lethal traps which could instantaneously kill the rats, or you can go for live trapping
(which is really recommended).
4. Hire a professional
The above mentioned tasks are easier said than done. And also doing the job correctly is also a point.
So you should hire a seasoned professional that can do the rat control work in your home. Also note that
you shouldn’t a hire a pest control company as they usually spray poison all over the place which is
surely not recommended at all.
5. Using rat repellents
This is also another famous method to get rid of rats. There are various types of rat repellents present
in the market which could solve the problem for you. Go for ultrasonic rat repellents or liquid rat
repellents but do make sure that small children and pets stay away from them.